1. There are things in the world that would have us believe that money is everything.
“Someone’s just trying to give people money, that’s all. But it’s doing it very badly…” – The Ocean at the End of the Lane
2. Never stop being a child.
“Adults follow path. Children Explore.” – The Ocean at the End of the Lane
3. Life is a cocktail of fortune and misfortune. Drink it all until every last drop.
“Face your life/ Its pain, its pleasure,/ Leave no path untaken.” – The Graveyard Book
4. Everyone you meet has thousands of untold stories from far away places where only the mind can reach.
“Everybody has a secret world inside of them. I mean everybody. All of the people in the whole world, I mean everybody — no matter how dull and boring they are on the outside. Inside them they’ve all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds… Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands, maybe.” – The Sandman
5. Memory comes and goes like a stray dog. When you think you are lost, it will appear out of nowhere and take you home again.
“You wanted to get away from everyone and be on your own. So first of all you drove back to the place you’d lived as a boy, and when that didn’t give you what you missed, you came here, like you always do.” – The Ocean at the End of the Lane